Play music for English and
American Country Dancing, Ceilidhs and Social Events.
|music and festivals||
HIGH JINKS BAND is mainly made up of people associated with Hawk Green Folk Dance Club. The line-up includes Keyboard, Flute, fiddle, melodeon, bouzouki, guitar and bass. All are experienced folk musicians who have played together for a number of years.
The band is available to play for a Ceilidh or Barn dance at all kinds of events.
The band works with various local callers.
Music and Festivals
They have published a CD “High Five from High Jinks” and an accompanying booklet of original dances and tunes.
To hear the band click on a speaker at the side of the track you would like to listen to :
use if you have a dial -up connection (takes approx.2 mins to download)
use if you have a broadband connection
HIGH FIVE from HIGH JINKS
1. French Canadian Reels - Traditional 6 X 32
Reel Eugene,Parti de Saratoga, Set de la baie St Paul
2. English Polka Reels - Traditional 8 x 32
Astely's Ride, Unfortunate Tailor,Dear Tobacco,Harpers Frolic
3. Waltzes - 6 x 32 .......
Tom Bigbee,Haight Ashbury Waltz,Brafferton Village
4. Jigs - Steve Hodgkiss 6 x 32
Breakfast Jig, The Trench, The Mesa
5. Hornpipes - Traditional 6 x 32
Gloucester Hornpipe, Morning star, Worcester Hornpipe
6. Clwyd - Traditional set tune 7x 20
7. Barbarini's Tambourine - 18th century Country Dance ......
first published in Walsh -Caledonian country dances - book 4
Second tune "Go George I Can't Abide You"
8. Upton Priory - Steve Hodgkiss 4 x 32 Waltz
9. Oldham rowling Hornpipe - Traditional 3 x 32 of 3/2 hornpipes
10. Oldham Rant - traditional set tune 3 x 40 bars running set
11. American "Old Time" Reels - Traditional 9 x32 .......
Angeline the Baker, Eliza Jane, Sally in the Garden
12. Jigs - Traditional 7 x 32
October Rose, Fair Jenny, Blazing Comet
The CD costs £10.00 and the booklet £2.00.
Both can be obtained, post free, from:
Milly Chadband, 62 Ridge Crescent,Hawk Green, Marple, Stockport SK6 7JA
High Jinks have appeared at Eastbourne, Lichfield, Whitby and Sidmouth Festivals, and at various one-day festivals and events.
High Jinks can be contacted on
Tel: 07970 033674 (Kate Fuggle)